Friday, January 23, 2009

Thanks for visiting...



My name is Bella; I live in Arcata with wonderful cows behind my backyard. I share my home with my husband Orion, our boys - almost four year old Sage, and 19 month old Solan, two cats - Scotty and Tanjaroo, two feral cats - Luna and Mayan, and co-own seven amazing chickens with our neighbor. I've been a vegetarian for almost 13 years, and of those, 3 years were completely vegan. I jumped at the opportunity to bring our family a bit closer to self sustainability by co-owning chickens, thus we aren't completely vegan right now. And I'll admit that we do eat Humboldt Creamery cheese every once and a while, and yes, you may see us at a local pizza joint. I became a vegetarian at the young, rebellious age of 15. I only say rebellious as I was growing up in Nebraska - beef country. The first time I even heard of vegetarianism was from my Californian cousin and after talking to her during a reunion I was hooked. I enjoy watching my children grow, making organic, vegan meals, gardening, learning about sustainability, and trying my hand at various creative endeavors.

We hope you'll bookmark Humboldt Vegans or add us to your favorite blogs and check us out occasionally. We'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment